Call Sakhi’s Helpline
At Sakhi, we offer a safe and nonjudgmental space for you to connect with our trained advocates in eight South Asian languages.
At Sakhi all are welcome. We recognize that people of all gender and sexual identities, ethnic, caste, class, and racial backgrounds – all identities – can be survivors of gender-based violence.
There are three ways of reaching out to us for support from trained Sakhi team members. You can contact us during our operating hours (Monday-Friday, 10am-10pm) by:
- Calling our Helpline at: 1 (212) 868-6741
- Texting: 1 (305) 204-1809 (text only – calls cannot be received on this line)
Additional Emergency Numbers
If you are in the New York City area, please call Safe Horizon’s 24-hour Domestic Violence Hotline:
1.800.621.HOPE (4673) or 212.577.7777.
If you are not in the New York City area, please call the 24-hour National Domestic Violence Hotline:
New York Hotlines
- New York Asian Women’s Center: 1.888.888.7702
- NYS Domestic and Sexual Violence Hotline: 1.800.942.6906
- Senior Citizens’ Helpline (NYS Office for the Aging): 1.800.342.9871
- New York State Child Abuse Hotline: 1.800.342.3720
- Prevent Child Abuse New York Prevention Information & Parent Helpline: 1.800.342.7472
- New York State Crime Victims Board: 1.800.247.8035
- Victim Information and Notification Everyday (VINE): 1.888.VINE.4NY or 1.888.846.3469. For the hearing impaired: 1.800.810.7444